Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I felt great running week 3. It wasn’t too easy or too hard, just the right amount of exercise.  Also I can barely run 2 minutes at a time I feel I am making good progress.  Of course, compared to the C25K I am definitely behind, but consider my current fitness level I have learned to be content with where I am.  So it may take a few more weeks for me to run a full 5K without stopping.

Good thing I built in about two weeks of buffer between eight weeks of ZR5K training plan and the Pittsburgh Great Race so hopefully I can get caught up and be able to successfully run 5K before the race.  My goal for the race is to run the entire race without walking or stopping.  The 5K course during the Pittsburgh Great Race is running from Oakland to Downtown which is predominately downhill except for during mile 2 there is a lot of uphill sections.  I am mostly worried about the uphill section during mile 2 because there aren’t any hills where I live so I am training on a very flat course.  After the race and hopefully after I can run 5K without stopping I would like to run a regular schedule of 4 days a week.  Gradually increase my mileage and build in some cross training.  I would eventually be able to improve my 5K speed and maybe run a 10K.

The ZR5K storyline gets more interesting this week. I met Abel’s quartermaster Francesca who seemed really nice and is very creative at cooking with whatever is available.  Francesca also mentioned that some supplies missing and she is the only one with keys to the storeroom.  I also met runner 10 who is very scientific minded. Next time he wants to do experiments with chained zombies, he can be the subject himself and I will take notes instead.  I find runner 10 very creepy indeed.  On the last day I was commissioned to pick up some medical supplies and had to run away from zombies, glad to be doing something useful for a change. 
Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment